Life in San Francisco
Pyramind is at the heart of one of the most beautiful and exciting places on Earth — The San Francisco Bay Area. San Francisco, “Everybody’s favorite city”, as it’s called, is full of great things to see and do.
Visit Golden Gate Park, one of the world’s great urban recreation areas. Check out an art exhibit at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art or the Legion of Honor. Then jump on a cable car and visit Chinatown or Fisherman’s Wharf. Or soak up Bay Area music history at the famous Haight-Ashbury or Telegraph avenue in Berkeley.
Sports fans can cheer on the San Francisco Giants at the classy and world-renowned AT&T Park, take in a piece of Football history at Candlestick Park with the legendary 49ers, or go nuts with the Oakland Raider Nation.
Whatever your musical tastes — hip hop, electronic, rock or pop — you’ll find performers and venues to suit your tastes. San Francisco has a busy nightclub scene and lots of concert stages, including the legendary Fillmore Theater, DJ Mag’s #25-ranked club in the world, Ruby Skye, and tons of great smaller venues like Cafe Du Nord, the Independent, or Yoshi’s. Fine arts aficionados (and musicians of any caliber) will want to check out the San Francisco Ballet, Opera or the Symphony.
Outside of “the City”, the Bay Area is full of fun getaways. A trip over the world-famous Golden Gate Bridge will take you to Muir Woods, called the best treelover’s monument in the world (or as the setting of Endor in “Return of the Jedi”). Elsewhere in Marin County are beautiful beaches and hiking trails. Napa and Sonoma counties are great places for bicycle riding, not to mention world-famous locations for wine tasting.
And outdoor sports fans have their choice of world class skiing, snowboarding, surfing, camping, hiking, and climbing in Yosemite National Park, Lake Tahoe, Carmel, Monterey, Big Sur and more…all within hours!
And that’s just the beginning. San Francisco is a vibrant and thriving cosmopolitan city, a top tourist destination, and a great place to live. Everyone at Pyramind is proud to call the Bay Area home, and we’re sure you will be too.
Great Resources for Bay Area Entertainment, Culture, and Events
- San Francisco Chronicle Home Page
- SF Station, the Premier location for Bay Area goings-on
- Yelp, The best resource for local dining, entertainment, and services
- Outside Lands Music Festival
- The Noise Pop Festival
- The Treasure Island Music Festival
- Nitevibe, San Francisco’s authority on the latest dance music events
- SF LovEvolution, World-famous 100,000-person dance music parade & festival
- SFJazz Festival
- craigslist, SF life revolves around this “can’t-live-without-it” site
- KFOG, the best local classic rock radio station
- Haight Ashbury Street Fair
- Stern Grove Festival
- Fillmore Street Jazz Festival
- Midsummer Mozart Festival
- San Francisco World Music Festival
- San Francisco Opera Concert in the Park
- San Francisco Blues Festival
- Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- San Francisco Hip-Hop Dance Festival
- Power To the Peaceful Festival
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA)
- California Academy of Sciences
- The Legion of Honor