Get More InfoGet More Information On Our Programs
Gregory J. Gordon
As an Ableton certified trainer, Greg oversees Pyramind's Ableton curriculum and implements the certification testing.
Read full bio here.
Ableton Live Instructor
Zaak’s current projects and expertise focus on bass heavy, soundscaped, narrative driven composition for live performance. In addition to being an electronic music producer, Zaak is a painter and fire dance performer. His background in performance and visual art make Zaak a talented facilitator and visionary for collaborative creation, which is the focus of his most current project The Zenotope Collective.
Read full bio here.
Ableton Live Courses
Ableton Live 101 / 110 / 201 / 210
Ableton Live 101:
This (elective) class provides the necessary background for students with little to no experience in computer-based production and recording to enter the later Live courses well prepared. In addition to gaining familiarity with Live’s primary applications, the lessons are arranged to emphasize the adoption of a solid workflow. Assignments will be given each week culminating in a finished piece at the end of the course.
- Overview of Live’s capabilities including production, sound design, DJ’ing and Live performance
- The Ableton user interface
- Getting started & working with clips
- Saving your set
- Transfer of projects between computers
- Working with audio
- Basics of warping
- Working with MIDI
- Arrangement view
- Ableton effect devices
Ableton 110: Performance with Ableton Live (elective):
This powerful new class explores the creative capacity of Ableton Live in a performance environment. Expanding on Pyramind’s Live 101 & 110 classes as well as the DJ 101 class, the course will initially establish a working knowledge of many of Ableton’s core performance tools including warping, looping, clip management, effects and DJ set layout.
- DJ technique with clips in Ableton
- Live looping
- Multi-Sample Mapping
- Synthesis Tools for live sets
- Real-time instrument processing
- Interfacing Ableton with other musicians on stage
- Effect rack creation and customization
- MIDI setup and customization
- MIDI controller overview and customization
- Touch OSC for custom MIDI interface creation and control with the iPad
Ableton Live 201/210:
These classes focus on both the studio and live performance applications of Ableton Live. Students will receive comprehensive training on Live’s various modes, components, parameters, and capabilities, as well as, how this can be used in conjunction with other professional audio applications and other third party tools.
- Ableton Live overview (arrangement/session views, browser functions)
- Setting up Lives’ preferences
- Creating and arranging new songs
- Using Audio and MIDI files
- Audio editing, Warping, and looping
- Using envelopes and automation
- MIDI sequencing
- Plug-ins and virtual instruments
- Rewire and Live (Reason, Pro Tools and Logic)
- Recording audio clips and creating a set in real time
- Bouncing tracks
- Practical media management techniques
- Preparing the necessary digital files for live performance
Ableton Live Class in Session: