Audio Fundamentals Courses
Fundamentals Of Audio
An introduction to sound. Students will explore the concept of what sound really is, both scientifically and musically. We will study the flow of sound in the live room and into the studio, from moving waves to electrons and then to bits and bytes.
Students will perform their first recordings of common instruments and will process those recordings with the WAVES A tools as a preparation for the WAVES Certification exam.
• Fundamentals of Sound
• Role of the producer
• Life cycle of Sound
• The function and parts of the project studio
• Tour of major recording complexes
• Digital signal processing (DSP) and basic mixing
• Microphones and Mic techniques
• Budget recording secrets
This class is about the practical usage of audio fundamentals. Students will engage recordings towards a completed song, use post-production techniques to tighten and clean up the recordings with editing, and process them with the latest DSP tools.
• Drum Mic Techniques
• OMF/ AAF workflow
• Setting up a session for Post
• Basic Foley recording/ editing
• Creating a DME mix
• Intro to Noise Reduction
• Dialog replacement
• Creating stems for delivery
*Counts as two classes if chosen as part of a Build Your Own curriculum.