Get More InfoGet More Information On Our Programs"I have been a student at Pyramind for the past year and I LOVE IT. This is what audio production school should be like." - Liam Shy
Hey Steffen (Music Business Instructor),
I just wanted to take a second and tell you thanks for everything this year. I can’t put into words how much Ive taken from your classes and our conversations. I hope y’all have a safe and happy holiday season. Keep fighting the good fight. If there is ever anything I can do for you, you know how to reach me.
– Brandon W. (Pyramind Graduate)
A primer to aspects of today’s independent music business, both as an artist and producer, with an emphasis on independent releases.
With the power of the Internet reaching directly to consumers, producers have a better chance than ever of finding clients and customers – with no one in between.
• Music Business Fundamentals
• How to build success without spending money
• Low-cost and no-cost marketing techniques
• Creating the physical product to sell – graphics and CD duplicating
• Multiple business streams from one release
This course is designed to give students an in-depth look into the business of music publishing and licensing. The course will provide detailed explanations of many different licensing and rights issues for the composer, the producer and the artist.
• Performing Rights Organizations
• Record agreements & contracts
• Mechanical royalties and fees
• Music industry roles
• The Internet and digital rights
Many individuals, artists, and labels need help when it comes to effectively planning and building their businesses. Now more than ever, independent artists, labels, and production companies need someone who can help guide them in establishing the foundational aspects of a new business entity.
Also, in today’s web-based DIY world, an artist or label can do much of the legwork. But frequently time can be wasted unless they create a game plan before they release a project, or begin a marketing and promotional campaign.
Pyramind Training now offers a new program to students and graduates to help them address these important needs.
Music Business 301 is a 4 hour program that includes:
- Four 1-hour one-on-one building and planning sessions
- OR… two 2-hour meetings.
Students are given a clear path to success through Steffen’s comprehensive and tested management formula. This is the same formula that earned him the National Association of Record Industry Professionals (NARIP) 2009 Nomination for “Best Traditional Distribution Executive”, alongside the heads of industry titans Universal Music Distribution and KOCH Distribution.
Additional advantages of these programs include:
- Timelines and real-world goals to help establish student’s career
- Simple and cost-effective techniques, which will help jump start any company, career, or release
- Affords students a chance to work directly with IDC
Music Business 301: $295