Search Posts Titles
Posts by Tag
TestPress | May 2013 Event
Accepting Entries Worldwide (All Genres of Electronic Music)
Event in San Francisco @ Pyramind | May 30th, 2013, 7:00 – 10:00 PM
Submissions are now open and deadline is May 26th, 2013 by 5:00 PM PST
Submit your track via our SoundCloud Dropbox here.
- After submitting please email us the track name to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make sure that tracks are PRIVATE and ONLY available for download by TestPress
- All record sales are donated to the Pyramind + SoundCloud Scholarship Fund
- Please read our Terms of Agreement at the bottom of this page
- SoundCloud: Four 1-year Pro Accounts
- Ableton: $600 worth of Ableton goodies!
- Native Instruments: $500 worth of Native Instruments Software + Hardware!
- Keith McMillen: One QuNeo Midi Controller for the Runner Up!
- The Dj List: Four 1-year Pro Accounts
- More prizes TBA!
Prizes for the top 4 tracks include:
All EP Sales Benefit The Pyramind Scholarship Challenge:
FREE RSVP to Attend the Event at Pyramind:
Try Ableton Live 9 for free. Get the full features for 30 days here.
Hector – (Desolat // Tsuba):
Mixing up styles and moods, but always focused firmly on the dancefloor’s needs and desires, Hector’s sets have energy, precision and most of all, soul. Hailing from Guadalajara, Mexico, Hector took to the decks at the age of 16 after experiencing sets by visiting European DJs. Inspired by the likes of Carl Craig, Moodymann, the Timewriter & Terry Lee Brown Jnr, Hector soon realized that his future lay in music.
After a DJ residency with Bar Americas, one of Mexico’s premier clubs, Hector headed for England; he fell for the capital’s thriving music scene and has remained there ever since. Spinning during Ibiza’s summer season, he befriended Simon Rigg, boss of Phonica Records – the nucleus of London’s house and techno community – and started working at the Soho store upon his return to the UK. Read more about Hector here.
Gordon Weiss (Vessel):
Gordon Weiss is the founder and president of Waze Entertainment LLC, an international entertainment consulting firm specializing in event production, artist management and lifestyle branding for the electronic music community. In 2003, Weiss left a career with a prestigious landscape architecture and planning firm to begin his full-time artistic pursuit of electronic music production, performance, and engineering.
He quickly developed a keen interest in nightlife event production and, after starting Waze Entertainment in 2006, he co-created Vessel, a renowned San Francisco nightclub on the entertainment scene since 2007. He has managed all talent, bookings and promotions since the club’s opening.
With over 13 years of professional experience in performance and production of electronic music events, Gordon continues his groundbreaking work, expanding the scope of contemporary nightlife and developing unique large-scale music events. In 2011, Gordon joined OneBeat TV, a media company focused on electronic music.
- TestPress is an international electronic music contest and networking event where music producers test audience reaction to their tracks, get a shot at proving their re-mixing prowess and receive direct and honest critiques by a panel of industry pros.
- What began five years ago as a grass roots San Francisco event has now grown into an international contest with sponsorship support from Soundcloud, Beatport and Ableton.
- TestPress combines online contestant entries with a physical track battle event in San Francisco where judges and audience interaction take place.
- At the end of the event attendees are challenged to Re-mix any of the four finalists tracks.
- Winners walk away with their music released direct to Beatport, and international distribution and licensing opportunities through InGrooves digital distribution and Epiphyte Records.
The TestPress Format:
• Each TestPress event features a different 3-person panel of accomplished DJ’s and producers.
• Before the event, members of the international community upload their tracks to the TestPress SoundCloud dropbox, and after being screened by the TestPress Committee, the best tracks are then played live for the panel and audience.
• Due to time restrictions a maximum of 12 or 16 tracks are presented at each event.
• After listening, the audience applause level is measured and then the panelists give immediate feedback and score each submission on a variety of factors including: Originality, Arrangement & Transitions, Production Quality & Sound Palette, Groove/Dance-ability, Drums & Rhythmic Elements, Synthesis, Melody & Chord Changes, and Mix & Mastering.
• The combined tally of the audience applause meter and the panelists rating determine the finalists for each event.
• The finalists of each event will be released exclusively on Beatport the very following month.
• If your track isn’t selected you’ll still have a chance of getting on the release if you can deliver a kick-ass re-mix of any of the finalists!
By submitting your track to Test Press you implicitly agree to and understand the following:
- Tracks will be reviewed and presented in the order which they are received.
- No more than one submission per artist, per event.
- Test Press is a networking event with the opportunity to present new music. All submissions must be unreleased music.
- If you are selected as a finalist be aware that final say for who will be selected for the next Test Press compilation will be made by the Test Press committee and the staff at Epiphyte Records.
- You warrant that none of the material featured on your track is defamatory of any person or infringes the rights of any third party.
- You and/or your associates are the sole copyright holders of the material being submitted.