Get More InfoGet More Information On Our Programs
Search Posts Titles
Posts by Tag
TestPress: October 2012 Event
For fullscreen click HERE
GOOGLE CHROME might be experiencing troubles, please use either Firefox or Safari for best feed.
Accepting Entries Worldwide (All Genres of Electronic Music)
Event in San Francisco @ Pyramind – October 4th, 7:00 – 10:00 PM
Submissions are now open and deadline is Sept 28th!
Head to the Epiphyte Records website to submit. Click HERE.
- After submitting please email us the track name to email@example.com
- Please make sure that tracks are PRIVATE and ONLY available for download by TestPress
- All record sales are donated to the Beat University Scholarship Fund
- Prizes for the top 4 tracks include:
- Native Instruments: Komplete 8 (Winner), Choice of Massive, Absynth 5, or FM8 (Runners Up)
- Ableton prizes worth $400 USD
- Keith McMillen prize: The “Quneo” MIDI Controller
- Soundcloud: Four 1-year Pro Accounts
- The Dj List: Four 1-year Pro Accounts
To attend the event in San Francisco @ Pyramind, Please RSVP below:
What Is TestPress?
- TestPress is an international electronic music contest and networking event where music producers test audience reaction to their tracks, get a shot at proving their re-mixing prowess and receive direct and honest critiques by a panel of industry pros.
- What began five years ago as a grass roots San Francisco event has now grown into an international contest with sponsorship support from Soundcloud, Beatport and Ableton.
- TestPress combines online contestant entries with a physical track battle event in San Francisco where judges and audience interaction take place.
- At the end of the event attendees are challenged to Re-mix any of the four finalists tracks.
- Winners walk away with their music released direct to Beatport, and international distribution and licensing opportunities through InGrooves digital distribution and Epiphyte Records.
Composer / Sound Designer
Brian Trifon is one half of Trifonic, a San Francisco based electronic music group. Trifonic’s distinctive music is featured on mix albums alongside tracks by Massive Attack, Hybrid, Trentemøller, and Sasha, and has been licensed to TV shows such as CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, BBC’s Top Gear and CW’s One Tree Hill.
Brian’s composition and unique electronic music synthesis skills are featured in film, TV, trailers, video games and commercials. Recent credits include work on Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Microsoft Flight, Assassin’s Creed Revelations, and the film Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.
In 2008 Trifonic released its debut album Emergence. On top of his recorded work, Brian teaches synthesis classes at Pyramind Studios.
We come from San Francisco, California. We’ve had radio hits on XM Satellite and FM Radio. We’ve charted on Beatport’s Electro and Dubstep Top 100 and continue to hit the Top 100 with every new release. We also like to DJ around the world and make music for Television and film. We hate third person bios and love outer space. Down to the core we’re just a couple of speaker freaks on the dancefloor.
The TestPress Format:
• Each Test Press event features a different 3-person panel of accomplished DJ’s and producers.
• Before the event, members of the international community upload their tracks to the Epiphyte website, and after being screened by the Test Press Committee, the best tracks are then played live for the panel and audience.
• Due to time restrictions a maximum of 16 tracks are presented at each event.
• After listening, the audience applause level is measured and then the panelists give immediate feedback and score each submission on a variety of factors including: Originality, Arrangement & Transitions, Production Quality & Sound Palette, Groove/Dance-ability, Drums & Rhythmic Elements, Synthesis, Melody & Chord Changes, and Mix & Mastering.
• The combined tally of the audience applause meter and the panelists rating determine the finalists for each event.
• The finalists of each event will be released exclusively on Beatport the very following month.
• If your track isn’t selected you’ll still have a chance of getting on the release if you can deliver a kick-ass re-mix of any of the finalists!
TestPress EP 3, Out now on Beatport!