Avid Pro Tools
Pro Tools & FMOD Game Audio Certification Program
Starts July 6th, 2015
For those seeking to transition from an existing career in audio to Games this bundle, complete with 3 industry certifications including two from Avid’s Pro Tools, is the best jump-start to that career move.
Payment plans available.
Contact us for details.
Courses & Schedule:
- First Semester: Welcome to Pro Tools
- Second Semester: Pro Tools InDepth & Game Audio with Pro Tools
- Third Semester: FMOD 101 Level 1 - Middleware for Game Audio*
Other benefits include:
- Three Avid Pro Tools Books (101, 110, and 130)
- Three Pyramind Method Level 1 text books
- Pyramind Hoodie (Only upon successful Completion of Program)
*Note that ONLY students who successfully complete the first and second semesters can be enrolled in the FMOD Course
Avid Pro Tools Individual Online Classes
Welcome to Pro Tools:
(Pro Tools 101)
Next Start Date: July 6th, 2015
Pro Tools 101 is the first class in Avid Pro Tools Certification series. This class will provide all the necessary foundational skills to create and manage sessions efficiently, record and edit audio and MIDI, understand the basics of signal flow and effects processing, navigate all of Pro Tools’ windows, record and edit automation, and produced finished works ready for iTunes, SoundCloud, a burned CD, or any other means of sharing your work!
Upon completion of this course students are eligible to take the Pro Tools 101 certification exam at an Avid Learning Partner Test Center – the first step in obtaining Pro Tools Operator Certification and beyond. This class is delivered in 10 video segments over 12 weeks, with an additional 10 video review questions segments, during which Pro Tools Expert instructor Bryan Dale not only provides answers to the review questions in the required Pro Tools 101 Version 11 textbook, but more importantly shows you where to find those answers for yourself.
Recommended textbook: Pro Tools 101: An Introduction to Pro Tools 11 by Frank D. Cook (Avid Learning Series).
Pro Tools Overview
Creating a Session
Navigating Pro Tools
Basic Editing and Mixing Techniques
Finishing and Exporting
Pro Tools InDepth:
(Pro Tools 110 - User Certification Course)
Next Start Date: July 6th, 2015
Pro Tools InDepth is the online equivalent to the AVID Pro Tools 110 curriculum and is the second part of the User Certification Course. This course provides a more detailed look at the Pro Tools system above and beyond the knowledge you gained in the Pro Tools 101 course. It covers all the key concepts and skills needed to operate a Pro Tools system at the User level. This course, along with the Pro Tools 101: An Introduction to Pro Tools, provides the foundation to Pro Tools User Certification and for the later 200-series of courses on Pro Tools music and post production.
Recommended textbook: Avid Pro Tools 110 Official Courseware (Not available in stores - contact admissions to purchase)
- Configuring your studio and session
- Controlling Pro Tools using external controllers
- Managing session data and media files
- Record MIDI and audio, using loop recording
- Working with time scales and virtual instruments
- Working with Avid Elastic Audio
- Editing and quantizing MIDI and audio
- Use audio editing and file management techniques
- Apply editing techniques such as the use of Clip Loops
- Enable, play, view, and edit automation data
- Mix using sends, returns, plug-ins, Master Faders, and groups