Logic Pro X
Logic Pro X Producers Certificate Program
May 2nd, 2016
Four online classes, 9-Month Program
If you’ve ever looked up Logic tutorials on the web, chances are you’ve already ‘met’ your instructor for the majority of our Logic courses – Dave Earl, a.k.a. sflogicninja. By the end of this nine month Program, the Ninja will have prepared you for Logic certification, taught you advanced music production techniques, as well as mixing and mastering in Logic X. You’ll also learn synthesis and sound design from synth-guru David 7 Skies (Anjunabeats), giving you an arsenal of production chops to carry with you on your musical journey.
Courses & Schedule:
- Months 1-3:
- Welcome to Logic Pro X (An Apple Certification course)
- Months 4-6:
- Logic Pro X InDepth
- Synthesis and Sound Design in Logic with 7 Skies
- Months 7-9:
- Mixing and Mastering with Logic Pro X
Other benefits include:
- Payment plans available for U.S. applicants
- Special discounts with EDU partners
- Live webinars with instructors
- Personalized video feedback on homework assignments
- Interactive community forums moderated by instructors
Logic Pro X Online Classes
May 2nd, 2016
Welcome to Logic Pro X:
(Logic Certification Prep Course)
This course, hosted by YouTube Logic guru David Earl (sflogicninja), introduces students to Logic X's primary features and basic user interface. Students learn how to generate a customized audio and MIDI configuration that will seamlessly integrate with their own personal production studio. Students also create their own song using Logic X's comprehensive array of software instruments, Apple Loops and DSP effects. In-depth lessons cover MIDI and audio recording, streamlined editing and arrangement techniques, user defined key commands, automation, scoring to picture and surround mixing. A troubleshooting section helps students to set up and optimize a Logic system effectively.
Estimated work load - 3-6 hours per week
8 Sections of course work
Preparation for Apple Certification (Textbook Required)
Synthesis & Sound Design in Logic with 7 Skies
In this incredible, instructor-led class, Trance and House producer David 7-Skies from Anjunabeats will take you through the amazing world of synthesis and sound design in Logic. Any electronic music producer using Logic will want this class as David not only demystifies how each synth works, he'll show you how to craft that sound you're looking for. David will also deconstruct popular tracks and show you how to recreate that winning sound that's tearing up the charts right now!
- Synthesis basics
- Envelopes, LFO's, filters, and amplifiers
- Recreating existing sounds
- How to add dimension and motion to your sound
- How to choose the right synth for "that sound"
- Ear training
- Using audio effects to process your sound
- Advanced synthesis techniques
- David's "secret alternative techniques"
Logic Pro X InDepth:
In this class, the Logic Ninja (David Earl) picks up right where he left off in the Welcome to Logic class. David will take you through the advanced steps he uses to create music for games, videos, and artists across the planet. Formerly a Logic Level 2 Certification course, this class-remix is now dedicated to advanced production techniques using Logic Pro X. This class is meant for intermediate Logic users who have taken our Welcome to Logic course or have comparable experience.
- Increasing productivity through the use of templates
- Creating a custom template with custom icons
- Grouping and stacking
- Organization of the song and files
- Correcting timing issues
- Perfecting vocal performances
- Beat mapping
- Detailed views of the software instruments
- Advanced drum programming
- Advanced side chaining with Ultrabeat
- Advanced MIDI functions and the environment
- Advanced mixing
- Sharing assets, exporting stems and preparing for delivery
- Surround sound basics
Mixing and Mastering in Logic Pro X
This class covers the fundamental concepts that make up a mixing and mastering workflow in Logic Pro X. If you are new to Mixing and Mastering or looking to ensure that you've left no stone unturned - this class is for you.
The videos will lead you in a step-by-step process, taking a piece of music from the songwriting stage all the way to final output. Each stage has very important steps that need to be executed in order to ensure a successful workflow and finished product.
This is a comprehensive course that will take you from beginning to end, ensuring your songs are ready for the world!
Pre-requisite: Pyramind's Logic Pro X InDepth online course or equivalent production experience
Preparing audio from another DAW to mix in Logic
Setting up the mix template
Creating a volume and pan balance
Carving the mix with dynamic and filter effects
Exploring signal flow
Using busses and delay-based effects
Using groups and automation
Putting the final polish on the final mix
Multiband, mid/side, and traditional mastering techniques