Elite Session with Mr. Bill w/ special guest Black Market Armoire
October 17th | 6:00 pm | Pyramind 832 Folsom Street, SF CA 94107
Ableton guru, electronic music producer, glitch kingpin and all around good bloke joins us for a night packed with Ableton wizardry.
Receive an EXCLUSIVE piece of Ableton downloadable content created by Mr. Bill for the Elite Session at Pyramind.
- What are your options for playing live? what's possible? what's common? what's been done?
- Taking tracks that weren't meant to play live and setting them up in a way that can be performed and improvised on stage.
- Playing with instrumentalists, and how to incorporate live instruments seamlessly into your performance.
- Stemming your tunes for live performance to sound "mastered”.
- Exploring methods for building a live set that works for YOU.
- Safety precautions for playing live (to save embarrassment like music stopping mid-set etc)
- Syncing audio with visual to integrate lights and images with your performances.
- A few thoughts on touring - when to start with agents, mgmt, how tours are built, etc.
About Mr. Bill:
Mr. Bill has been a leader in the audio production world for years. Beyond producing dazzlingly intricate originals, remixes, and collaborations in the glitch and IDM realms with other stars of the industry, his eagerness to share his massive library of technical know-how has made him just as sought-after for studio work as he is for highly energetic and crowd-pleasing live performances.
Bill Day has released six full-length studio albums, to-date, including 2013's double album, The Collaborative Endeavours, and 2014's Settling for Mediocrity. He has just released his most recent album Corrective Scene Surgery, a sprawling 28-track collaboration with longtime associate and graphic designer Funilab, which is being released as one single at a time. You can catch him on his biggest North American tour to date this fall with Circuit Bent.