Why we use Zoom for Mentorship Sessions
Zoom is one of the only platforms that seamlessly shares both screen and sound AND separately feeds your mic and the DAW sound to the online session. There’s no need to upload any sessions OR install any confusing 3rd party sound routing apps!
*Be sure you know what microphone you’re using to talk to the mentor - we recommend you use the built-in mic. If you’re using a wired microphone, be sure that your OS (Mac or Windows) knows that. You might need to configure your Sound preferences in the OS.
IF YOU’RE A NEW CLIENT, ask your mentor to setup a test call before your session. You can also book a free test call with the Pyramind Admin staff during office hours and we can get you setup (M-F 10am - 5pm PST, CA, US) .
Installing the Zoom Client for Mac / Windows:
Step 1: Download Zoom here: ZOOM Client. The option at the top is the correct one (Zoom client).
*Only Firefox and Chrome web browsers are supported at this time. If you are using Safari or Internet Explorer, please visit this page using either Firefox or Chrome.
Step 2: Install Zoom on your computer.
Note that Mac OSX often has a security feature that may ask you to approve the download. You can do this in the System Preferences -> Security of your OS.
That’s it! When the session time comes, your mentor will email you a link to your private session. Simply follow the link and you’ll be working within 1 minute!
Sharing Screens and Sound with Zoom (In Session)
Step 1- Share Your Screen
When you click the green “Share” button, Zoom will open a new window asking you to choose which window to share - don’t choose one yet! Go to step 2…
Step 2- Check “Share Computer Sound”
THIS IS CRITICAL! Without this, you won’t be able to share the sound from Ableton, Logic, Pro Tools - anything! Every time you switch who’s sharing, you’ll need to check this box but that’s all you have to do! Now you can choose which window to share with your mentor.
Step 3 - Choose Zoom For Output
In this image, Ableton Live (Mac) shows the Zoom output device. When this is chosen, Zoom will SEPARATELY pick up your mic AND the output from Live! Hit “Play” and you’re working!
Windows users will not see this option. Choose “MME” as your driver type and the default output for your computer. Sound will share to zoom!
Pyramind Mentorship Network Terms & Conditions
- All sessions must be booked and paid for at least 72 hours in advance.
- Refunds will be provided when sessions are cancelled with 48 or more hours notice, prior to the time of the appointment.
- Any cancellations that occur with less than 48 hours notice will result in a network credit, rather than a refund. Customers have one full year to use the aforementioned credit.
- If a customer does not show up for a session that was booked, they forfeit their payment so the mentor’s time is still paid for. A customer may petition this decision once, by sending an email to email@example.com explaining why the appointment was missed. There are no guarantees that this will result in a credit of any kind.
- If a customer arrives late to a session, we cannot guarantee that they will receive their entire session. We cannot push other people’s appointments around to accommodate someone who is running late.
- Customers can share portfolios, questions and files as well as any details of their session goals prior to sessions by using the appropriate text fields during the booking process.
- Customers may not ask mentors to provide services outside of scheduled appointments. - All sessions with mentors must be booked through the Pyramind Mentorship Network.
- Abusive behavior or disrespect of our staff during a mentorship session may result in a lifetime ban from the network.