David Earl reveals the different musical worlds he inhabits using Logic Studio. In this part, David Earl’s musical background, various workflows and a new approach to remixing.
Part One, Two & Three:
- Part One: Dave explains to us his work flow and how Logic best suits his needs.
- Part Two: The use of Logic 9′s Flex Time is discussed in detail and how the Ninja uses it to construct/deconstruct a remix.
- Part Three: Continuing with the Remix, Dave enlightens us on File management, Logic’s browser window and arrangement of the track.
Part Four, Five & Six:
- Part Four: Sampling drums for the remix are discussed including recording, using the EXS 24 and sample banks.
- Part Five: Tips on how to score to picture, OMF File management and SMPTE.
- Part Six: Dave digs deeper into scoring to picture including Logic’s ability to detect cuts in Video files.
Part Seven, Eight & Nine:
- Part Seven: Using Logic and Main Stage to perform LIVE. Dave describes his LIVE set up for MARROW and how he uses the programs in his performances.
- Part Eight: How to set up custom MIDI for Main Stage and your personal performance.
- Part Nine: How to set up custom MIDI for Main Stage and your personal performance.
Part Ten & Eleven:
- Part Ten: The vast world of the Environment window is explained in detail.
- Part Eleven: Dave answers questions from his legion of YouTube subscribers as well as the audiences.