Reason Producers Certificate Program
April 3rd and May 1st 2017!
Three Online Clasess, 9-Month Program
This three-course program will turn you into a Reason guru, flying around the virtual studio environment with ease and precision. Your first class covers the ins and outs of the software itself, while the later classes dive into two of the most important and sought after skills for any producer- sound design and mixing.
Courses & Schedule:
- Months 1-3:
- Welcome To Reason
- Months 4-6:
- Synthesis and Sound Design in Reason
- Months 7-9:
- Mixing and Mastering in Reason
Other benefits include:
- Payment plans available for U.S. applicants
- Special discounts with EDU partners
- Live webinars with instructors
- Personalized video feedback on homework assignments
- Interactive community forums moderated by instructors
Reason Online Classes
April 3rd and May 1st 2017!
Welcome To Reason
A great way to get started with Reason, this course covers the basics of how to get your ideas into Reason as well as a grand tour of the tools, routing and editing. Great for people brand new to Reason as well as folks who’ve taught themselves but want to “fill in the blanks”.
Setting up Reason the first time
Getting sound in/ out
Getting MIDI in/out
Get to know the devices
Learn about effects and sound routing
Recording and editing audio
Making comp edits of your takes
Arranging the song in Blocks vs. Song mode
Synthesis and Sound Design in Reason
Reason has a wealth of built-in sound making devices that are visually beautiful and deceptively powerful. Led by producer/sound designer Caiti VerBrugge, you’ll learn all about the details of the devices as well as how to create varieties of sounds found in todays music.
- Get deep with the devices
- Learn how to choose the best device for the sound you’re after
- Basic and advanced synthesis
- Fast ways to create motion and texture to your sound
- Using CV to control synths with “no hands”
- Using automation to control synths
- Make style-specific sounds perfect for your genre
- Using audio effects as sound design tools.
Mixing and Mastering in Reason
Once you get your sounds together and have created your masterpiece, you’ll need to finish it. Mixing is the process that completes the track and makes it presentable to the world. Take it step-by-step using Pyramind’s 6-step mixing approach and watch your track get to that professional sound level.
- The 6-step mixing process
- How to start your mix - is your song ready?
- Understanding levels and signal flow in Reason.
- Choosing the best way to configure your effects
- The Reason mixer in detail
- The secret to EQing your sounds well
- Getting control of compression and knowing when (and when NOT) to use it
- Basics of mastering
- Keeping the mix organized