Includes 4 Hours of One-on-One Mentorship
Pyramind’s Audio Fundamentals online class is the first step in a two-course series. This class will begin to give you a comprehensive knowledge of audio, from the tiniest sounds to the interactions of drums and multiple microphones. Based on the Pyramind text on the subject, this course will demystify what sound is and how it behaves on its journey from your hands to your ears, through the instruments, mics, wires, computer and speakers.
- Sound waves and the three ways to experience them
- Building sound from the "atomic particle of sound"
- How waves interact: the good, the bad, and the phasey
- Understanding the dB in wires, in the air, and in the computer
- Choosing a computer and DAW for the job
- Wires and connecting gear: why it's really important to get right (and how almost everyone is probably using the wrong ones)
- Microphones: being creative with mic choices and their placement
Mentors for this course:
Mixing Engineer // Certified Pro Tools Expert and published author // Worked on countless video game projects including Halo CE, and Infamous 2 // Pro Tools, Reason, Mixing & Mastering Mentor